Mitel collaboration software and solutions support all forms of collaboration, including voice, video calling, and instant messaging with Mitel MiCollab Client, and web presentation and collaboration with Audio, Web and Video Conferencing.
As a component of Mitel’s Unified Communications and Collaboration (UCC) solution, MiCollab makes it easy for employees to manage all aspects of their day-to-day interactions, no matter where they are or how they choose to be productive – for it provides people with all the communication tools they need, when they need it.
By integrating collaboration, mobility, and messaging tools into a single, unified solution with a highly intuitive interface, people spend less time trying to connect and more time engaged in productive and innovative interactions.
With Mitel collaboration software you keep your workforce:
- Connected. Wherever they are around the world, workers stay in touch with each other, partners, and customers.
- Dynamic. Real-time communication and collaboration ensures easy, ongoing sharing of ideas and information.
- Team-ready. Workers in widely dispersed locations form productive long-term and ad hoc teams as easily as if they were in the same office.
- Richly interactive. Easy sharing of documents and presentations make for more productive brainstorming and training sessions.
- A collaborative, more productive workforce
What can these collaboration software capabilities mean for you?
- Significant cost savings. Lower travel expenses and less employee transit time improves your bottom line.
- Enhanced productivity and innovation. Less time wasted trying to connect with others means more time spent in productive collaboration and innovation.
- Stronger relationships. Easy collaboration and information sharing among employees, customers, partners, and suppliers
- Smarter, better coordination. People throughout the organization have easier access to the information and expertise they need to get the job done
MiCollab can be delivered in conjunction with the following call control options:
- Mitel MiVoice Business
MiVoice Business is highly scalable, proven IP-PBX software that is the foundation of the Mitel Freedom Architecture.
- Mitel MiVoice Office
MiVoice Office platform enables small businesses to blend their voice system into their data network, and offers flexibility, advanced Unified Communications applications, and cost-effective growth for up to 250 users and multiple sites.
Mitel MiCollab Client provides real-time access to everyone in the organization, on or off the premises, with voice, video calling, instant messaging, and audio and Web conferencing.
Mitel MiCollab Client is Mitel’s award-winning unified communications application that gives you a single access point for all your business communication and collaboration needs. It provides real-time access to everyone in the organization, on or off the premises, and enhances the effectiveness of “in the moment” communications.
MiCollab Client delivers:
- Rich presence and availability
- Deskphone and softphone integration
- Corporate directory access
- Visual voice mail
- Detailed call history
- Secure instant messaging
- Point-to-point video
- Integration with Microsoft Outlook and Office, and IBM Lotus Notes
- And more…
MiCollab Mobile Client
Going mobile with MiCollab Client is a simple way to connect and effectively communicate with your business associates so you’re more productive while on the move. MiCollab Mobile Client installs as a client on supported BlackBerry, Android, and iPhone / iPad devices and extends key MiCollab Client capabilities to mobile users. Search your corporate directory, check visual voice mail, and automatically update your presence status and call routing preferences based on your location or time of day. For Android and iOS devices, an integrated SIP softphone allows calling over Wi-Fi or 3G/4G to stay connected while reducing cellular usage and roaming charges.
MiCollab Audio, Web and Video Conferencing
Improve collaboration and information sharing among employees, customers, partners and suppliers with an easy-to-use application.
Audio, web and video conferencing is a core component of Mitel MiCollab. MiCollab unifies business critical applications, and promotes user agility and collaboration—all on a single server, with a single web-based management interface. Audio, web and video conferencing is also available on Virtual MiCollab (Virtual MiCollab is a VMware® Ready™ virtual appliance). With audio, web and video conferencing:
Build Stronger Relationships.
Enhance Productivity and Innovation.
Improve Customer Responsiveness.
Collaborate wherever you are
Audio, web and video conferencing provides rich collaboration capabilities for a more productive workforce:
- Scheduled and Ad-hoc Conferences.
Initiate collaboration sessions ranging from scheduled calls (one-time or recurring) to ad-hoc sessions swiftly created on the fly.
- Desktop and Application Sharing.
With a simple click, share your desktop or content of any kind including presentations, software applications, and graphics and data files.
- Multi-Point Video Conferencing.
Enhance collaboration by broadcasting live video to participants using the collaboration client and a standard PC webcam.
- Web-Based Collaboration Viewer.
View the collaboration session from a common Web browser on any desktop computer, tablet, or smartphone with a screen layout optimized for the device.
Unified Messaging is a UC-integrated messaging solution that provides sophisticated yet easy-to-use call handling features such as auto attendant and message management of voice mail, fax, and email.
With Mitel’s Unified Messaging solutions you can simplify your messaging system, enabling your employees to respond faster. All voice mail boxes are managed from a single interface on a single system. With Unified Messaging’s flexible message management capabilities, you can boost user productivity and agility.
Mitel provides businesses with auto attendant and simplified message management capabilities via three Unified Messaging solutions:
Mitel MiVoice Embedded Messaging.
Embedded within Mitel’s MiVoice Office and MiVoice Business unified communications platforms is a cost-effective unified messaging solution designed to be simple to deploy and simple to use.
MiVoice embedded messaging offers businesses a cost-effective solution that is not only easy to use and manage, with streamlined user administration, but provides multi-level Auto-Attendant capabilities that provide immediate benefits:
- Automatic caller greeting and routing without the need for a live attendant or the overburdening of existing staff, so that they have more time for calls that require special assistance and other activities within the business.
- Calls being answered even when an employee is not available
For employees MiVoice embedded unified messaging provides them with an easy and convenient method for managing their voice messages with intuitive telephone prompts, the ability to forward voice mail messages to email, and integration with softkeys on Mitel MiVoice phones.
Mitel MiCollab Unified Messaging
This robust, highly scalable solution for the virtual environment simplifies messaging by unifying voice mail, email and faxes in one location.
Ideal for virtualized environments, MiCollab Virtual Unified Messaging is a highly scalable and robust messaging solution. It’s a virtual appliance that can be deployed in a VMware vSphere enabled data center alongside other business applications, and managed like any other application in the data center.
Operational efficiencies of virtualized UM include:
- Centralized administration
- Reduced hardware requirements
- Easier software upgrades
- Increased data and application security
High availability and fewer user disruptions
MiCollab Virtual UM works seamlessly with VMware High Availability, providing local failover and recovery. In the event of a data center failure, a new instance of vNuPoint UM automatically begins on an alternate server within a few minutes—most users will not even notice.
Protection from local disasters
MiCollab Virtual UM supports VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM) to provide continuity when disaster strikes a data center. When SRM is invoked, another instance of vNuPoint UM will restart at the alternate failover data center. All system configuration and user data is preserved through the use of shared network storage infrastructure that is part of the VMware vSphere and SRM deployment.
All the benefits of Unified Messaging from Mitel:
- Simplify messaging by managing voice mail and faxes from your email box.
- Improves customer service levels and offloads the company receptionist from routine calls with auto-attendant.
- Empowers users to control how and when calls reach them with personal call routing options such as find me–follow me and the ability to create personal auto-attendants, with options such as scheduling and caller ID filtering.
- Fits with your existing infrastructure, including LDAP and Active Directory, and leading email and presence solutions.
Mitel NuPoint Unified Messaging
With Mitel NuPoint Unified Messaging, businesses can enable users to manage their voice mail, email, and fax messages from their PCs or telephones and enhance customer service with a sophisticated speech auto-attendant including call routing capabilities.
Take responsiveness from aspiration to reality with Mitel NuPoint Unified Messaging™ (UM). With Mitel NuPoint UM, users can manage their voice mail, email, and fax messages from their PCs or telephones, driving user productivity.
In addition to this, NuPoint Unified Messaging allows inbound callers to your organization to quickly find the person they need to talk with, using speech-enabled auto attendant and call routing functionality.
Empowering users with control of their messaging
When users control how and when calls reach them, they have more flexibility and can respond faster. NuPoint Unified Messaging allows users to retrieve fax and voice messages from either their PC or their mobile device, access intuitive voice mail control via softkeys on their Mitel MiVoice phones, and provide advanced call routing capabilities at the voice mailbox level.
This empowers users to send, forward, save, and sort messages for faster responses to colleagues and clients
Further user control and messaging flexibility comes from:
- Speech-to-Text services that quickly transcribe voice mails into texts and then forwards to the user’s email inbox. (Available in English, North America only)
- Fax services that proactively provide fax senders with transmission status information (successful or unsuccessful) to their email inbox.
- Speech Navigation allows users to manage their messages using simple spoken commands in NA English.
Mitel MiVoice Border Gateway
Mitel MiVoice Border Gateway is a highly scalable solution that ensures the deployment of secure internal and external workspaces, enabling remote workers, road warriors, and day-extenders seamless access to the voice and data capabilities of the office, wherever they are.
The nature of the traditional office is changing as more workers become mobile and remote. To ensure enhanced productivity, companies are leveraging their investments in Mitel IP-PBXs by extending unified communications over the Internet to mobile or remote workers via IP phones, soft phones, and Wi-Fi / dual-mode phones.
To ensure the deployment of secure internal and external workspaces, including hotels, airports and home offices, the MiVoice Border Gateway provides comprehensive threat protection, strict access control, and privacy in a single consolidated server. The result? Remote employees can securely work and collaborate as part of the office network.
MiVoice Border Gateway is a remote access solution for businesses of all sizes, regardless of Service Provider, and allows secure deployment of multiple network connectivity services in a number of network-edge scenarios:
- Teleworker Service – A secure plug-and-play solution for remote workers
- SIP Trunk Proxy Service – Serves a SIP-aware firewall at the edge of the company network, eliminating the need for third-party firewalls, and simplifies configuration and deployment
- Application Web Proxy Service – Enables trusted connectivity between the company LAN and the Public Internet to provide secure access for unified communication and collaboration via the Mitel MiCollab
- Remote Management Service – Enables system administrators to access to Mitel web management interfaces from outside the organizations corporate LAN
- Secure Recording Connector – Enables 3rd-party call recording solutions to securely record IP endpoint and Teleworker extensions
- IPv6 Application Layer Gateway – Provides an application layer gateway between IPv4 and IPv6 networks
Mitel Teleworker Solution
Mitel Teleworker Solution allows your remote staff to have access to all the same unified communications capabilities they would if they were in the office.
A quiet revolution is re-defining the very nature of work. Traditional work-day activities are no longer tied to specific times, or locations. Employees across remote sites can now work collaboratively and access distributed company data and expertise – from home, across the city, or around the globe. The result? Lower overhead, better productivity and efficiency of remote employees, and lower carbon emissions.
The Mitel Teleworker Solution on the Mitel MiVoice Border Gateway enables employees to work remotely with full access to voice mail, conferencing, and other features of the office phone system. The secure plug-and-play solution turns any Mitel IP Phone in to a Teleworker set.
In combination with the Mitel MiCollab, the Mitel MiVoice Border Gateway Application, and SIP Proxy services, businesses can deliver a secure, full, “in-office” unified communications experience to remote office and home-based employees.
For small businesses, the Mitel MiVoice Office offers embedded teleworking and requires no server, licensing, or additional cost. Home-based workers, road warriors, and day-extenders have seamless, secure access to the communication capabilities of head office. Using the same voice mail, conferencing, and corporate security features as their in-office colleagues, remote workers become more reachable and productive.
The MiVoice Office teleworking solution is easy for remote workers to implement.
Do you have questions?
To learn more about our Mitel MiCollab business products or if you have any questions please callor contact us by email.